Point your camera at a reflection in a canal or a river, flip the image around and see what a liquid world looks like. Trees try to float up into the sky, lamp-posts become Chaplinesque, railings grope around corners, fish pass by windows and houses breathe in and out.
Africa airports artichokes Asian music Auden Basho Bill Bryson birds boats cats China cities dancing django bates dogs film films France frogs Germany Google Translate grammar haiku how to India Insects instruments international years interpreting Istanbul Italian poetry Japan jargon jazz John Cage Kobayashi Issa languages Leopardi Li Po Lists memories Mexico Mozart music Nabokov Neruda North Korea opera painting photography pi pigeons poems predictions queneau Quotes randomness Rome Rossini Shanghai signs starlings strange recipes Szymborska the future the moon trains translation travel Turkish Vietnam vinylics William Carlos Williams words Zen
Top Posts & Pages
- Pablo Neruda – Ode to the Artichoke – Oda a la alcachofa
- Flann O'Brien's Book Handling Enterprise
- Hey, History!
- Patrick O'Brian - "I do love a blow" - Aboard HMS Surprise
- The Poetry of Google Translate
- Stovepipe with a quick legover - Bill Bryson on cricket
- The Heart of Chinese Poetry
- Evening (Der Abend) by Rainer Maria Rilke - translation
- Eyes in the City - Kurt Tucholsky